The University of Washington's database group aims at broadening the focus of database and data management techniques beyond their traditional scope. We do both theoretical and systems work in areas such as probabilistic databases, stream processing, sensor-based monitoring, databases and the web, XML, data management for ubiquitous computing, data integration, and data mining.
May 18, 2018:
‘LightDB: A DBMS for Virtual Reality’ has been accepted at VLDB 2018. Congrats Brandon Haynes, Amrita Mazumdar, Armin Alaghi, Magdalena Balazinska, Luis Ceze, Alvin Cheung!
April 18, 2018:
Two of Jennifer Ortiz’s papers got accepted!
- ‘SLAOrchestrator - Reducing the Cost of Performance SLAs in the Cloud’ at USENIX ATC 2018
- ‘Learning State Representations for Query Optimization with Deep Reinforcement Learning’ at the DEEM Workshop, SIGMOD 2018
April 12, 2018:
Laurel Orr received a honorable mention for the NCWIT Collegiate Award. Congrats Laurel!
March 5, 2018:
Four papers from UWDB got accepted into SIGMOD 2018!
- ‘HypDB: Detect, Explain And Resolve Bias in OLAP’, Babak Salimi and Dan Suciu
- ‘Automatically Leveraging MapReduce Frameworks for Data-Intensive Applications’, Maaz Ahmad and Alvin Cheung
- ‘Synthesizing Type-Detection Logic for Rich Semantic Data Types Using Open-source Code’, Cong Yan
- ‘FASTER: A Concurrent Key-Value Store with In-Place Updates’, Guna Prasaad
View all news