UWDB Affiliates Program
The affiliates program strengthens collaborations between the UW Database Group and industrial partners, and helps support our ongoing research. Affiliates get exclusive opportunities to interact with the UWDB researchers.
We thank our current affiliates:
- Invitation to an annual Northwest Database Day, which will bring together universities and companies from the greater Pacific Northwest. While this event will include both UWDB affiliates and non-affiliates, affiliates will be able to bring larger teams.
- Invitation to an annual, member-only UWDB Affiliates Workshop, which will bring other UWDB affiliate members, the UW Database group, other Allen School faculty, and students together to discuss targeted research ideas in the field of data management. Each workshop will be dedicated to a common topic of interest within data management.
- Exclusive email each Fall with contact information and recommendations for students looking for internships from our group and those who will be graduating that year.
- Invitation to special student presentations, which include:
- Ph.D. thesis defenses.
- Class project presentations in the CSE544 graduate database course.
- UWDB weekly group meetings.
- Invitation to attend and present at the Microsoft Database Lecture Series (aka Northwest Database Society seminars).
- Inclusion as member in the Northwest Database Society:
- Listed as an NWDS sponsor.
- Updated on upcoming NWDS talks and provided access to video streams of recorded talks (recorded videos are publicly available, but live streaming is restricted to affiliate companies).
- Exclusive opportunity to pitch project ideas to graduate students taking CSE544. Project ideas must be submitted by the end of the first week of the quarter to give students a chance to select them.
- Early access to new publications from the group including new journal papers, conference presentations, retreat presentations, thesis, and seminar webcasts, before they become widely available.
- Inclusion on our mailing list to receive a biannual newsletter from the database group.